There’s a huge trend that sneaks into the heart of women all around and it’s fashion BOWS. Yeah sure, we all worn them in our hair at one point in our lives but I’m talking about fashionable bows.
That’s right, it’s a thing and I’m gonna show you my favorite ways and while I’m at it,
annnnnd of course, how to recreate this trend for yourself – as seen in the picture below and a video!!
5 Most Fashionable Bow Trends You Need to Try
- The Bow Embellished Shoe, repeat after me. The bow embellished peep-toe anything is the best thing ever invented. The end.
- Bow Jewelry, Necklaces, ring and and favorite earrings. YOU. WILL. NOT. BE. DISAPPOINTED.
- The Pussy Bow, this is the easiest look to try and the most available, darling. It’e everywhere right now.
- Bow Purses, oh my gosh this one is the most exciting one!! And you can wear it almost everyday!
- Chic Bow Accents, The category below is my favorite because this where the creative ideas for fashion bows starts getting serious and sometimes starts the whole DIY concept that I enjoy so much!
After all those fashionable bow ideas and must haves, it starts to get the ideas rolling and my mind is flooding with happy thoughts of what I would love to wear – and the best part: MAKE MORE OF.
Wearing Fashionable Bows are Easy to Create!
I know what you are thinking, “perfect” is slightly over dramatic, right?
No way! Take a look at the dress I’m gonna show you how to DIY Fashion Bows for yourself (below).
Right here. Right now – let’s look at the project below…
Isn’t this dress fantastic? It honestly makes me sooo happy and it’s so much easier than you think!
And don’t deny it, you like it too because you are still here reading along! Let’s get started!
- Fabric. I used this super yummy floral from Riley Blake Designs. Every time I see it, I think of Dolce and Gabbana. It definitely has a runway feel to it, right?
- A dress of your choice – YES this works for anything (I used Vogue pattern 8766);
- Ribbon or fabric cut and sewn together in a ribbon like fashion;
- sewing tools, pins, needles, thread and iron;
- paper and pencil for bow template;
- First, I like to play around with the bow and find a good bow like shape – without tying it. There is zero tying and ironing it in place. The best way to keep a consistent shape with each bow is creating a template.As you can see in the photo below, I created the first bow, pressed it in place and then outline the shape so I could recreate the same shape for each bow (there’s a video at the end of this post that will walk you through the process).Do not forget to finish the ends of your ribbon.
- Lay all your bows in place; I used the center front-line of my dress.
- Pin the bows in place on a flat and smooth surface. I used a a bias trim to attach my bows in place that is then sewn along the center front-line. This is optional because there are sooooo many ways to embellish this look!
- Sew into place. Remember to remove your pins as you sew. Nothing makes a sewing machine MORE angry then sewing on a pinning needle, ouch.You may also want to hand sew the inside of your bows (under the fold) on to your garment so it doesn’t flap around too much.
You can watch this application here:
(That’s right, I’m gonna start making MORE videos… you know, as soon as I figure this whole youtube thing, ha!)
You Can Wear this Chic Accent
We’ve discussed some ways to get tied up this fashion easy from minor details to major,
NOW I’m sooooo curious to know which bow trends you are enjoying and HOW you would incorporate some fashion bows in your life, please leave a comment below!
And if you want to find all the ways I’ve created more bow trends into my wardrobe, click the pictures below for more ideas!
I would love to hear from you and celebrate with you on your newest creation!
Until then, have a glamorous day and enjoy the spring season!