So denim is all over the place and when I spotted Glamour’s post on Instagram about the most delicious frayed denim top by 3X1,
I really needed to make my own.
The boxiness of the top, cropped length, denim fabric, and frayed edges are all on trend!
The top is perfection. A fashion staple power house.
Naturally, I made a similar garment.
You saw me wearing it earlier this week for my DIY Michael’s Kors Skirt.
Now, as much as much as I love the fray of the original 3×1 top,
I needed the fray to be a little more subtle for my Michael Kors Inspired Skirt.
Notice the difference in the frayed hems?
Get what I mean?
Anyways, it got such a HUGE response from my readers that I am posting this DIY up sooner that planned!
You dolls inspire me!
So let’s get started,
- The pattern is what makes this look. Simplicity’s 1366 top “d” is what you will be making.
No Darts. No zippers. No hemming!
- But remember do this:
- Instead of hemming with a sewing machine, you will cut out your hem with a pair of scissors.
- Fray your hems. There’s a great YouTube tutorial here: How To Fray Denim.
- Other great tips:
- Throwing them in the washer.
- Use pinking shears to cut the hem to give a more uneven hem, and washing them some more.
Simple enough, right? You betcha!
Go! Make! And look fabulous working one of this season’s hottest trends.