I have one last DIY from the 2014 fall/winter collections, and although it’s not technically spring (it is in LA), it’s totally in the air!
With that said, who can deny the awesomeness of anything Marc Jacobs?
Those capes/small jackets from his fall 2014 collection are perfection and with bright florals or light colors it’s sure to be a stand out for this spring!
- Fashion fabric and lining. You will need an additional yard of your fashion fabric to make the wrap/bow feature,
- you will use the cape part found on picture D (in the pattern) and the collar from picture C from the New Look Pattern,
- Cut out pattern and fabric as instructed by your pattern.
- For the Wrap. Cut out 2: 15″ x 24″ rectangles, sew together leaving one short end opened, and turn right side out.
- Pleat the short end together to fit between the neckline seam and the shoulder notch (located on the pattern), as seen below.
- Pin into place right in between the neckline seam and the shoulder notch (located on the pattern), as seenin the pictures below.
- Continue to sew garment according to pattern instructions and your finished!
Again, this is a suuuuper and fast sewing project.To wear the cape, simply put it on your shoulders, make a single loose knot, and widen the ends for volume.
The bow is never tied too tight and always kept pretty loose as seen here and here.
I love this because it easily adds a little drama to such a simple look!
It’s a like a present!
Great for any occasion, in addition to special occasions or a fun date night!
As spring is approaching, I am so excited to share with you some of my favorite looks from the runways.
Make sure to connect with me on the links on the side bar (—>)
Stay updated with newest posts and the must have finds I love in stores as well as in real life.
Thanks for visiting and have a glamorous day! xoxo
Linking up at:
Fizz and Frosting, Still Being Molly, More Pieces Of Me, Fashionably Employed, Rhea Et Cetera, Cha Cha The Fashion Genious, Thirty Something Fashion, Mahogany Closet, Sharing My Sole, Walking In Memphis in High Heels, I do deClaire, Myriad Musings, Induffinitely Me, Persia Lou, Tip Junkie, Style Elixir, Reason to Dress, BD Design Blog, the diy dreamer, My Girlish Whims, Get Your Pretty On, Tucker Up, Because Shanna Said So, Cappuccino and Fashion, Design Life Diaries, Shopping My Closet, Pastries, Pumps, and Pi, Dressing Dallas, Pumps and Push Ups, Book of Leisure, Naptime Creations, Classy Yet Trendy, Living In Color, Mix and Match Fashion, Links A La Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup, Fashion Files, Sincerely Jenna Marie, The Red Closet Diary, Style Elixir, Penniless Socialite, Two Thirty Five Designs, Jolynne Shane