I made my 7th round up with my Valentino DIY last week and love to read about those who made it with me, these were my favorite top three…
- Attire Club’s, The Men’s Guide to Wearing Pastel Colors, is genius because I think most guys (my guy included) have no idea where to start.
No way will he take my thoughts on it, so I really enjoy how this is broken down.
- I loved That Paki Blog this week. Illustrating Pakistan Fashion Week by Mahoor Jamal is fun to look at and see. The illustrations are gorgeous!
I used to be a fashion illustration instructor and love fashion sketches. Mahoor Jamul is so talented!
- 5 Magazine Trends That Need to Die in 2015 by Prime Butterfly, is a great post. Especially the over photoshop issue and glorifying unhealthy sizes.
One of the big reasons why I love Tim Gunn and his many books, was that we need to love the skin we are in and dress accordingly. No matter what size you are,
there’s a flattering way to dress for every woman of every body type. Learning our body types, accepting them, and dressing accordingly brings great confidence AND beauty!
Finding Meaning in Fashion Blogging
This week, many IFB bloggers sought to go deeper than the #OOTD, with shout outs to philanthropic organizations including Scotty’s House and To Write Love on Her Arm—plus we heard some compelling personal stories. Other posts tackled diversity in magazines, the “new sexual revolution,” and older women’s right to wear leggings. On the lighter side, we have our fair (and necessary) share of fashion and beauty tips, trend pieces and news bites. All around, it’s a well-balanced collection of fashion blogger fare. I hope you enjoy! And if your post was chosen, please don’t forget to post the LALM roundup on your own blog (see instructions below)!
Links à la Mode: April 9
- A Handful of Stories: Shooting Outfit Posts With the Olympus OMD-EM10
- Attire Club: The Men’s Guide to Wearing Pastel Colors
- Bibi Shelter: Jeremy Scott for Adidas Original Fragrance Launch
- Charlotte Lucy: Alexander McQueen/Nick Waplington: Working Process at The Tate
- Flip Flops and Furs: A Benefit for Scotty’s House
- Funky Jungle: 5 Fashion ‘Must Haves’ I Don’t Own
- A Glamorous Revelation: To Write Love on Her Arms
- Jodie’s Touch of Style: Leggings With a Tunic After 50
- Ms. Fabulous: Winners of the 6th Annual Fashion 2.0 Awards
- Prime Butterfly: 5 Magazine Trends That Need to Die in 2015
- Purushu Arie: Celebrating the Spirit of the Seventies
- Riva la Diva: Easy DIY Valentino-Inspired Dress Tutorial
- Ri(t)ch Styles: How to Pick the Right T-Shirt for a Guy
- Sly on the Wall: A Hair Story
- Spy Girl: L.A. Frock Stars—Golden Age of Hollywood
- Storybook Apothecary: Swimwear Looks for Every Style
- Suzanne Carillo: 10 Important Life Lessons I Learned From Watching Mad Men
- That Paki Blog: Illustrating Pakistan Fashion Week by Mahoor Jamal
- TLV Birdie: Watch Your Mouth
- Wear It Fair: Vintage Styles for Work, Rest and Play
Want to be featured in Links à la Mode?
1. Read the clarified rules and submit your links on this page: Links à la Mode.