Gucci inspired Organza Double Bow Top Tutorial
Girly, geeky, and vintage-y PERFECTION is the three words that describe Gucci’s spring 2016 collection and it’s the very same three words that describes this week’s tutorial for this Gucci inspired organza double bow top.
I love a good dose of flirt when I dress, but when you add a little vintaged into the mix, it’s love at first sight!
Gucci’s spring 2015 ready-to-wear collection is a dream and a little edgy with it’s geek chic influence.
There’s a pink organza double bow top that has been on my mind for weeks!
I loved the playfulness of the bouncy oversized bows in the front.
I am OBSESSED with bows and love finding ways into incorporate them into my style.
This Gucci inspired Organza Double Bow Top is a breeze to make, so let’s get started!!
- Simplicity Pattern 1366, I also used it HERE for my DIY Kate Spade Top
- Organza, enough to make your blouse and an extra yard for the bows.
- thread to match
- Cut top D from your simplicity pattern and sew according to pattern directions,
the ONLY alteration I made to this top (besides the bow detail) is the finishing of the garment.
- To hem your shirt, sleeve, and neckline, a chunky hem/finish did not feel appropriate for this look, I wanted something a bit finer.
I used my trusty rolled hem Bernina foot (seen here).
It’s my favorite foot and incredibly easy to use, may I also add a game changer in regards to your home sewing game?!
- For the last yard, use the following picture tutorial as your guide to create the bows….
- After you attach your two bows, it will look something similar to this, east stuff!
I’m not big on reinventing the wheel, so when I find a super easy pattern that I can alter it into something new – I’m ALL OVER IT.
Which is why I love using this easy Cynthia Rowley top pattern from Simplicity – time is money and if you can find it for $1 at one of Joann’s store sales than it’s even BETTER!
- With the top being see through and all, I used a nude layers shirt from DownEast Basics (here, in taupe).
- The perfect Red Laser Cut Boston Bag is from Nicole Lee USA as seen on my DIY Handkerchief Hemmed Dress.
- The Pants, SheIn (similar) here as seen on my DIY Baby Doll Blouse tutorial.
- Sunglasses – Brass Plum, I have loved these sassy frames so much!
(as seen in my DIY Christian Siriano Dress and DIY Red Valentino Dress).
- I’m obsessed with these nude heels that were purchased at Charlotte Russe over the holidays,
Shoes (original gone, similar in link).
Spreading the word one link up at a time, you can visit the full list: HERE.
Wow, I love this. Your whole look is cool as hell. Thank you so much for the tutorial.
I love that you give such great tutorials! Such a great look and I LOVE that bag.
The Sugar Ribbon blogger
Heather, thank you SO MUCH!! Your comment just made my day! xoxo
Riva! This is so breezy and beautiful I love it! Great tutorial as always!
What a lovely project and turnout. I love the edge and elegance of this outfit.
Thank you for linking up to “Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me”
[…] Get tutorial Categories clothing, top, women […]