This week’s post was inspired by this season’s most trendiest fruit, the pineapple!
Like, it’s seriously all over the place, home dec, crafty places, and now the runways…
If you look closely, you will spot the fruit printed on many ensembles,
and boldy like M Missoni did this spring with the most amazing earrings!
As seen here.
So here’s what you need to make these Missoni inspired Earrings,
- Shrinky Dink Paper;
- Permanent Markers;
- Pinapple Clipart to trace over
(the plaster paper shrinks, so go big on the size,
mine was a little smaller than the size of my hand);
- Earring Hooks;
- Jewelry Pliers.
- Place shrinky dink plastic sheet over the Pineapple Template,
- Color in Pineapple (visit my Instagram for the video tutorial),
- Outline fruit (the messier the better – trust me),
- Hole punch (with a regular size hole punch for the earring hooks),
- Cut out your design, place on cooking sheet, and bake according to packaging instructions.
- Once cooled, attach to the earring hook!
- You’re done! Rocking one of this season’s hottest trends without breaking the bank!
I also made some watermelons, also seen in the Missoni picture I showed you here,
but did you also know their collection was inspired by Frida Kahlo?
She painted THIS – hence the nod to watermelons.
VIVA LA VIDA!
You will always find a little bit of Frida in every season, as she is such an art powerhouse,
not to mention, she’s fashion’s it-girl this season.
Go Frida! I’m hispanic, so this is always fun to see latinas get some attention, ha!!
M Missoni’s collection was one I really enjoyed. I love those mexican-boho caftans and peasant shirts.
AND there were so many runways looks that loved it, too.
My mother in law is from Mexico and visits often,
she gave me so many last-last year and I think she was surprised by how much I loved them!
(apparently, no one wears them in Mexico)
I knew they would be a hit and I think it’s becoming more and more main stream.
I’m not sure if it’s an LA thing (it’s not cuz it’s in NYFW) but it’s my favorite thing to wear and I own so many.
It’s my fashion kryptonite.
Thanks Gloria for the hook up! xoxo
not going to Mexico anytime soon? Join me next week and I’ll show you hot to recreate this caftan look. xo