And may I add, inspired from the runway.
Derek Lam’s Resort collection is perfection, absolute perfection with it’s fur, gingham, fresh whites and bold colors.
When I spotted the earrings on this gingham look, HERE, I knew we needed to make this for ourselves!
And it’s so dang freaking simple, right?
Tassel, cone, and earring find and you’ve got yourself a high fashion designer earring!
DIY Derek Lam inspired Tassel Earrings
Materials (as seen in photo below):
- 2 tassels found at Jo-Ann Fabrics, these Turks Head Tassles (here) are amazing, too!
- 2 Bead Cones, full collection HERE at Fire Mountain Gems
- 2 sets of earring findings, (hooks for earrings)
- jewelry pliers
- Thread tassel end through the cone, and attach earring to loop.
- In some cases the loop may be too long for the cone like in the photo above.
- To remedy this,
I tied a loose little knot in my tassel loop before threading it through the cone;
- Then using a needle and thread,
I was able to pull the short loop through the cone head just enough to attach my earring finding.
- Pretty EASY, yes? Just as easy as my Tom Ford inspired Fringed Earrings – if not easier!
So easy, it will take less than 5 minutes to whip up and jump start the rest of your look, and not to mention, day.
Info on today’s look:
- hair – Beach waves with the Beachwaver
- Brows – Billion Dollar Brows, currently running a contest HERE
Thanks for dropping by and hopefully you’ll stay with me next week when I debut my Golden Globes inspired look!
Until then, have a glamorous day!
Spreading the word one link up party at a time, you can visit the full list: HERE.